DIY Inspiration: Lace and Denim

Happy Wednesday! (Is it sad that I had actually had no idea what day it was today until I checked on my computer?....C'est la vie in the summertime...). Today I want to share a little project I made last week.
Right now, I'm a lover of all things lace. I'll stop at nothing to lace-ify anything and everything in my path- so I thrifted a lovely denim button down (from the men's section, in fact) with the intentions of doing just that. After scavenging through the basement for my sewing machine (that I haven't used since I was probably 13) and "brushing up" on my sewing skills, this is what I came up with:

Inspiration from here

It was actually incredibly simple and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm excited to mix up my wardrobe with an unexpected pop (or overload) of lace whenever possible.

Here's a little peek into the process:

Before it went under the knife

What fun projects await you this summer?

Simply,

Liv

2 comments:

  1. nice work!! i love it. I have a neon stripe clutch on my mind for a project. I have all the materials, just need a few hours and a sewing machine to do it! xoxo linds {{www.rubygirlblog.com}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That clutch sounds lovely! I'd love to see the finished project when you find the time to carry out your inspiration!

      Delete