For the List-Makers


Ever the goal-setter and list-maker, I never pass up an opportunity to write my aspirations down. I'm afraid that without the help of my journal, I'd forget all about my brilliant ideas and thoughts. It's very easy for me to get complacent and lazy, and so when I write things down I somehow feel that they are set in stone and must get done. It's like accountability with myself, I guess. And now I'm publishing them on the internet for the entire world (yes, you, dear readers, are my entire world) to read. I think that should at least quadruple the accountability.
I grew so much this past year and I'd hate for summer-time, a time to relax, return to my "normal life" and unwind, to be wasted. It's an incredible chance to grow, reflect and make changes, so I want to be really intentional with how I spend mine.

Here's (part of) my list of summer goals:

  • I'm going on a trip to Latvia to put on music camps in a few weeks, and so I have a really unique chance to impact other people. I want to love people well and be the kind of person they can relate to and confide in. I want to especially be this person for the girls I'll get to know at the camps in Latvia.
  • I want to get comfortable with not knowing all the answers. (Anyone know an easy fix to that one?)
  • I want to improve musically. Piano, guitar and singing are my passions and summer is such a great chance to focus and practice!
  • I want to work of the rest of my "freshman 15". Darn the dining halls! I'm not sure I gained the entire 15...but I want to get back in shape and stay that way for next year!
  • I want to further this here blog and refine it and "professionalize" it. 
  • I want to camp, backpack, rockclimb, stargaze, sunrise and get muddy
  • I want to have deep discussions
  • I want to craft my heart out!
  • I want to read, read, read. (There's a completely separate list for books I want to read this summer...sometimes I think I'm too organized...)
                    Here's a few of the books I'm working on now: Captivating , Worship Matters,
                    Fresh Brewed Life (This one's for breakfast dates with my mom), and The Help

Do you have any goals for this summer? Or any books you're reading/think I should add to my enormous list? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment