Diary of a Secret Foodie

Maybe it's because I haven't cooked a single meal for myself since last August, but for some reason I've been on a cooking and baking spree since I've been home. I think my feelings about dorm food probably have something to do with it. Just maybe....
Regardless of the cause, I've been baking up a storm and wanted to share some of my favorites so far with you.

Last week my mom and I did Dr. Oz's 48 hour cleanse (which you can read about here) just to see how effective it would be. And mostly because I felt the need to "cleanse" my body of a year's worth of dining hall cuisine. Basically, for two days we ate nothing but jazzed up veggies and quinoa, and by the end of it I was pretty ready to make 2 dozen cookies and eat them all (which, as luck would have it, I pretty much did). Over all it was definitely beneficial and I'd recommend the cleanse to anyone looking for a quick re-start.


This is the "between 'meal' snack"- veggies, and "dressing" (lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper).


This lovely drink is nothing but pomegranate juice, lemon juice, pineapple juice and water. It was actually quite tasty.

So after our adventure with Dr. Oz, I decided to counter-act everything I had just accomplished.
First up, came this gluten-free lemon bread. I made it for my mom for Mother's day and let me just say, it is super simple and very dee-licious.


After my mom left for the week on a trip for work, gluten-free wasn't a requirement anymore and so I experimented on my dad (who is more than willing to eat anything I throw together) and found a recipe for an apple-pie-bread that was to die for. I highly suggest you all go make it right now and save an entire loaf for yourself, because it will be gone within a half hour.

You can find the recipe here


I also made a few other things, but felt silly taking pictures of my food all the time, so I failed to document them. But you can find the recipes herehere, and here

Have you all tried any recipes worth sharing lately? I'd love to have them!

Thanks for stopping by, friends and I hope your weekend is off to a smashing start!

No comments:

Post a Comment