"Welcome to the Real World", she said to me condescendingly.

Never have John Mayer's lyrics been so applicable.
 
Not really, but it just felt right. 

2 parking tickets, 3 emissions tests (2 failed, 1 passed), 1 faulty gas cap, 1 power of attorney, several unhelpful courthouse employees, and over $200 later and my car still isn't registered. Could they make it any more complicated? I'll answer that. No, they could not. I'm not so sure I want to pass this "prerequisite to the adult world", as my mom and I affectionately call this endless string of shenanigans. If this is what "being an adult" is about...I don't think I'll grow up.

I keep on waiting, waiting at the emissions place. (Did you catch that John Mayer reference? I'm on a roll tonight...)



I'd like to think the best of me is still hiding up my sleeves...(Really, Olivia?)....but, when the going gets rough, and the registration gets out of hand, and adult life isn't all that is cracked up to be just remember: 

I hope everyone's Monday was as John Mayer-esque as mine.

~ Olivia

1 comment: