Symphonies of Normalcy

Today was a completely normal day. I begrudgingly attended three classes. (By the time Wednesday rolls around, I'm usually convinced it is Friday and ready to skip class...). I hit the gym. I avoided an awkward run in with a boy who asked me for my number last week. I drank two cups of black coffee with soy (my new favorite- its cheap and caffeine packed). I put off doing my Everest-sized pile of homework. Pretty uneventful. But, you see, the beauty of blogging is that I get to write about the mundane happenings of my day-to-day and pretend like they are even remotely interesting to anyone.

However, my Wednesday did have one redeeming quality: I went to the symphony. I'm taking a music appreciation class (lucky for me, I already "appreciate" music. Easy A.), and we get free tickets to any on campus concert during the semester. Its quite the deal. Honestly, I can't think of a better way to unwind than to sit for three hours letting waves of Tchaikovsky, Debussy and Reinecke wash over me. The performance was truly inspiring, I had goose-bumps for a good two hours.



I couldn't take any photos during the actual performance, unfortunately.













My favorite piece was Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4 in F minor, if you were wondering. If not, check it out anyway. You can listen to it here. Its wonderful.




 The bike ride home was frigid, but definitely worth it!





















And there you have it. My attempt to spice up the ordinary, a symphony of normalcy, if you will.

I'm off to climb that mountain of papers in my room....

Until next time,
Olivia

2 comments:

  1. might be a normal day, but sounds lovely nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Richelle. Sometimes the "normal" days are the loveliest! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete