Adventure is Out There!

Just as I predicted, my weekend was one big creative marathon. I thrifted and crafted and sewed and wrote. Pretty perfect, indeed. And as an added bonus, my parents drove through and took me to dinner!
Here are a few shots of the weekend and (as promised) the resulting projects:

 Before classes started on Tuesday, a few friends and I hiked around Horsetooth Reservoir for one last "hurrah".


Project #1: this "birdnest" necklace out of wire and beads :)
 Project #2: This clutch out of a placemat. Beautifully easy!

 Its a well-known fact that my handwriting is about as neat as a 6 year old's, so 
the lovely Taylor helped me out.

 The finished project! (And my wall of records!) The hearts on the map represent places I've either been or hope to go one day. "Adventure is out there" (a quote from Pixar's UP) was a perfect fit.
 My cozy little half of the room is slowly becoming a "home".


3 comments:

  1. Is there a heart on your map on your little home here in NP? Can't wait to see you next week. Love the records, do you know how those work, young missy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that heart "goes unsaid" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is fantastic, let alone the content!
    Boston Gear YI6496 Internal Gear, 20 Degree Pressure Angle, 64 Pitch, 96 Teeth, Brass

    ReplyDelete