Simply Re-Starting

There's really no way to have a smooth opening here, so I'll just say it: I haven't blogged in six months. There is probably some law out there that discredits anything I ever say on here again just because of that.

SIX MONTHS.

Where have I been, you ask? In the middle of the world's longest writer's block apparently.
After my trip to Latvia (....when I wrote my last post), I guess I just got distracted by "real life" and forgot about writing it all down. Things started moving quickly and a lot changed, so I just stopped writing. I lost interest, honestly.

But something in the back of my mind kept nagging me, telling me that I wasn't being completely myself. I wasn't content with just living life, in spite of how beautiful it has been lately. I wanted to write about my life and share it with others. I wanted to inspire and be inspired. Without that, things just feel sort of dry.

So I'm back.

I debated whether to start a whole new blog or to just pick up where this one left off and somehow make up for half a year of lost time, and decided to keep this here blog for good. I really like where I was headed before I fell of the face of the internet and hope I'm able to pick up right where I left off.

My goal in re-starting this blog is to inspire my readers (and remind myself) to see the beauty in the day-to-day and to live simply, enjoying every moment. More than a mere New Year's resolution, I hope that this journal of a normal college-student-trying-to-make-a-difference does inspire you to make changes and notice the small, beautiful things in life.

Be patient with me, though. It will take time to catch up with where I was six months ago, but I can't wait to share the changes with you, big and small. So here's to a new year, a new mindset and an old blog!

Simply,
Liv

Please take this wonderful quote from one of my favorite people as my sincere apology for the past six months.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me!! I've really missed your blog-welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the blogging world!!

    ReplyDelete