Mid-November Resolutions

Its 11/11/11- and what a perfect day for a new start! I'll take any excuse I can get.

Lately, I've been feeling my priorities slowing shifting so that eventually they reverse themselves. Or should I say, I eventually reverse them. Try as I may, I can never keep them in line, and despite my (hardly) noble efforts, time with the Lord always ends up somewhere crunched behind homework, facebook and watching Community. Pathetic, I know.
I have daily "quiet times" almost religiously, (Whenever I throw the word "religiously" in...its usually not a positive thing) but lately they've felt dry and lacking, namely, the Lord's presence; a sure sign that change is needed.
So. My 11/11/11 resolution (drum roll please....) is to give God the place in my day he deserves, first. I will take him off my "to-do list" and let him take me where he wants. I won't open my laptop, touch the TV remote, or open a book to study until I've told God that he is more important than those things and given him time to respond.
I want my relationship with him to be vibrant, alive. I want to feel him with me throughout the day, instead of just forcing myself to read a chapter, pray a little while I'm half asleep in bed and call it quits.
So this morning (after I apologized for spending the better half of it online), I reset my sights (for the 100th time) and pray that the Lord will help me keep this "mid-November resolution".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To start things off right this morning, I made a cup of pumpkin spice coffee, curled up by the window and read Psalm 1. It was "coincidentally" exactly what I needed to read, so I thought I'd share it:

Psalm 1
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners;
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.


He is like a tress planted by streams of water
that yields fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all he does, he prospers. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



(Disclaimer: I realize the irony of blogging this technology-is-distracting-me-from-God post...but I thought it was worth sharing, and hope you all do too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment