Too Much Late Night Thinking...

I decided that I think far too much. I need to fill my time with other things. But all my musing has led to a lot of "self-discovery" and some beautiful revelations about who my Saviour is and what He wants from me. I've wrote more songs since I've been here than I did all of last year, although it's been stretching me having to write without my piano or guitar.

I wanted to share some of the lyrics I scribbled down in my journal a few nights ago. It really shows where I'm at right now- with all the distraction and newness surrounding me, I want to be filled by the only One who can satisfy: 

Awake me from my sleep and I will run
Raise me up out of the deep and I will run
Give my soul the life it seeks
You are the only source to breathe
Awake me from this sleep and I will run

I will run to you- my soul is thirsty
For the life only you can bring.
If I seek it on my own
I will run forever on.
I will run to you, fill my soul. 

Call me out of my own dreams and I will run. 
Let me be your hands and feet and I will run.
Speak life into these bones, 
Search my heart, it's not my own.
Awake me from this sleep and I will run.


Its very simple and rough....but I thought I'd share. 
I had this vision in my head of me dropping everything behind me- my pride, my insecurities, my identity (all of which have been stumbling blocks)- dropping them, as if they were literal, physical things, and running to Jesus. 

1 comment:

  1. awesome post! this is such an encouragement and it is amazing that you were so transparent and shared this with your readers. awesome of you to open up like that!! i know exactly how you feel. something that always comes into my head is falling backwards off of a cliff and trusting that i will be caught in the Lord's hands. randomly decided that i woud share that :) great post!! :)))

    nussbaumfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete