First week in a nut-shell.

So here I am, an official college kid. It's weird because I think I've probably acted like one since I was eight, but now I actually have an excuse. But you're all probably wondering the same things...so I'll tell the condensed version of the up's and down's of my first week at Colorado State. Go Rams! (I think I'm required to say that every time after I say the school's name, or anything vaguely to do with school. There's way too much school spirit out here...)
Lets start with the down's, shall we?

Down's:
I can't actually think of any at this point. Homesickness hasn't sunk in yet, and the most homework I've had is reading a book I've read once before and writing a one page paper about it. Not exactly an overload. However, my dorm room is excruciatingly hot. I think I'll write a letter to the President about getting air conditioning in the halls.

Up's:
The most obvious one is my roommate. Madi. I prayed all summer long that I'd be paired with someone I could get along with, didn't come home drunk every night, and was somewhat normal. I've heard my fair share of horror stories of first roommates, but thankfully I won't be adding mine to the list. (Thank you, God!) She is a journalism major, so we both love to write, don't like hip-hop...ect. We are going to be great friends, I believe. What a huge answer to prayer!
Also, the campus is gorgeous, our dorm is adorable, and Fort Collins is spectacular.
Finding a church has been a challenge, but I've been going to several Navigators events and I definitely want to get more involved there.
 All in all, its been an incredible first week and its wonderful to feel like I'm exactly where I should be.

2 comments:

  1. SO aweosme about your roommate! that is such a blessing. i am currently living at home and giong to a community college but im always worried of who ill be living with once i transfer. and i know how you feel about being a college kid! i graduated high school early because ive felt like a college kid as well since birth :) hahah great blog hope school is going well!!


    nussbaumfasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary, that's exactly what I did! :) Thanks for reading and good luck with school! I really enjoy your blog as well!!

    ReplyDelete